Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What's Next For Michael Vick?

You may have seen the news that Michael Vick has been released from prison, and that The Humane Society of the United States is going to provide an opportunity for him to get involved in some of our anti-dogfighting outreach programs. Animal advocates might be skeptical, as I was, about whether a man who committed such horrible acts to dogs could do anything positive to help animals. But I want to give him the chance to be part of the solution, rather than part of the problem. If he is serious -- and we’ll soon find out -- then Vick can help HSUS reach young men in urban communities and tell his story about dogfighting being a dead end. Our on-the-street programs teach at-risk kids that pit bulls are friends, not fighters. I wanted to share with you my blog which I've just posted today, which elaborates on my thinking.

Sincerely,
Wayne Pacelle
Wayne Pacelle
President & CEO
The Humane Society of the United States


No comments: